- Born in Kumamoto city, the southern part of Japan in 1963
- This is “Haleluya Chorus (mp3)” (oops, the link is no longer available) we sang on our graduation ceremory of Junior HIgh, faculty of education, Kumamoto Univ. back in 1984 (I was one of bass voices).
- Came to Tokyo at age 16 to attend Keio high and later Keio U. Back then, I played the band with Taro (and we loved Cheap Trick.)
- Taro was the only friend in Tokyo who let me converse in a Kumamoto dialect.
- At Keio U, I mostly enjoyed the music and city life. (my GPA 2.5 was I believe the history low at the department of economics.)
- MBA from University of Pittsburgh in 1991.
- Married in 1992.
- Age 45 (at the time of this writing).
Though now I am an eCommerce/ direct marketing specialist, earlier in my career, I was a brand-decision calculus consultant using ASSESSOR at NOVACTION in a purely FMCG marketing context (“fast-moving consumer goods,” that is). See my LinkedIn profile for more.
BTW, the sub title of this blog, “Metaphorically Speaking stolen from Jerry Zaltman, whom I met at Katz school, University of Pittsburgh in 1991.
I live in Ota-ku 大田区, but currently reside in Sakura-shinmachi, Segagaya-ku, Tokyo 東京都, married with a daughter and a puppy (“White,” Jack Russell Terrier). In kanji character, my name is spelled 森 賢司 (mori, kenji).
Languages: Native Japanese, Fluent in Engrish!
I run fon community inside mixi.
I experiment drupal.
Authored mixi tutorial.
Can be reached at kenji [at] kenjimori [dot] com
My keitai 携帯 is 090.4709.4338